• Conics are the lowest cost permanent shelter.
• Conics are a continuously curved shell made entirely of 1/2" plywood covered with acrylic elastomeric roofing (a water-borne non-toxic paint-on finish).
• By flexing plywood into this unusual curved geometric shape the conic shell acts as sheathing, structure and roofing. No rafters or costly additional roofing are required.
• Conics can last for decades with only minimal upkeep. You can build small (500 sq ft.) or very large conic floorplans.
• There is very little wasted materials because conics are built entirely of 4'x4' plywood panels. Conics utilize a unique geometry that provides strength through flexibility.
• Conics are a true shell-type structure. They have withstood hurricane force winds and will bend to absorb the stresses of the most violent of earthquakes.
• Coupled with energy and material saving designs, Conics are a habitat that can be built within the carrying capacity of our small planet because they are extremely miserly with building materials.